Macquarie University is committed to protecting the privacy of those who interact with it while undertaking its learning and teaching, research, engagement, and associated administrative activities and support services. The University is required to comply with the NSW Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIPA) and Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (HRIPA) in respect of personal and health information which it collects and uses. The University aligns its practices and activities with the Information Protection Principles (IPPs), and the Health Privacy Principles (HPPs) contained in those Acts.
- attending to day-to-day administrative matters relating to your IELTS Online preparation offering;
- for direct marketing communications and related profiling to help us to inform you about relevant courses and events we offer (you may choose to unsubscribe);
- assessing or improving related services and business processes, as well as for training, evaluation, and quality purposes;
- to provide insight and analysis of our current and future participant population to direct future marketing strategies;
- in the event of a crisis requiring urgent attention, police, medical or hospital personnel, your nominated emergency contact person, or other personnel as is necessary to respond to the emergency;
- complying with legislative reporting requirements; and
- for other directly related purposes including but not limited to the above.
By agreeing to this Privacy Statement, you consent to the University disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients. You acknowledge and understand that while the University and its third-party processors handle your personal information in accordance with Australian laws, your information may not be subject to the same protections that are available or required in your country of residence. The information collected may be disclosed to the following types of organisations:
- IT service providers who may (or use third party hosting providers that may) store data outside Australia or in the ‘cloud’. When the University discloses your information to overseas recipients, it takes measures to ensure those recipients treat your information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation; and
- external organisations who assist in the delivery of your IELTS Online preparation offering.
Where you have consented to our processing of your information, you may be entitled to withdraw such consent by contacting our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org (Privacy Officer). Please note, however, that in certain circumstances it may still be lawful for us to continue processing this information even where you have withdrawn your consent, if another legal basis for the processing is applicable (such as that the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations).
Complaints about privacy breaches by the University are handled in accordance with the University’s Privacy Management Plan. If you have any concerns about the privacy of your information, you can in the first instance contact the University’s Privacy Officer.